California is opening a new funding round for its Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program for companies that have taken a financial hit due to the pandemic.
The new funding round opens Sept. 9 and runs through Sept. 30.
The new round will take place thanks to an additional $1.5 billion in funding authorized in a new state pandemic relief package. The program provides grants of varying sizes depending on a company’s annual revenues:
- $1,000 to $100,000 – Available grant amount: $5,000
- More than $100,000 to $1 million – Available grant amount: $15,000
- More than $1 million to $2.5 million – Available grant amount: $25,000
Who can apply?
Current applicants who were waitlisted during previous rounds, as well as new applicants that meet eligibility requirements. Waitlisted applicants do not need to reapply.
A small business or small nonprofit must satisfy the following criteria to be eligible to receive a grant award:
- Must have annual revenue of $2.5 million or less.
- Must be an active business and operating since June 1, 2019.
- Must be in operation or have a plan to open.
- Must have been affected by COVID-19 and the resulting restrictions through business interruption or business closure.
- Must be able to provide federal tax returns for 2019.
For more information on applying, visit the California Relief Grant website.Tags: Covid-19, COVID-19 relief, Leaders' Choice Insurance